Updated March 24, 2020: The Stinson Law Firm is still open for business. In his Executive Order effective tonight, the Governor designated legal services as “essential business.” We are maintaining our policy to hold all client meetings and consultations via videoconference and teleconference unless you receive instruction from us otherwise. For individuals that need to drop of documentation, we continue to ask that you contact our office prior to your visit so that we may take precautionary measures to prepare for your visit.
Thank you for your trust and confidence in allowing the Stinson Law Firm to serve you. The safety and well-being of our clients, staff, and members of our community are our primary concern. Like many other businesses, we have struggled with our response to the ever evolving COVID-19 environment. Our office will remain open at this time, but we will be limiting visitors. Beginning March 16, 2020, all client meetings and consultations will take place via videoconferencing and teleconferencing unless you receive instruction from us otherwise. We will be contacting all clients soon who already have appointments scheduled with videoconference or teleconference instructions.
For individuals whose circumstances require an in-office meeting due to the need to sign documents and the like, we will be taking extra precautions including:
- Disinfecting our office after every client meeting.
- We mean no offense, but we will not be shaking hands in greeting. Look for Jeff’s patent-pending bow.
- Turning away anyone who has the signs and symptoms of any
- Requiring staff to wear gloves when signing documents and asking clients to do the same.
- And of course we, like each of you, continuing to follow the CDC Precautionary Actions to Prevent Virus Spread:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer (must contain at least 60% alcohol) often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
For individuals that need to drop off documentation, we ask that you contact our office prior to your visit so that we may take the above precautionary measures.
We thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing (or hearing) you at your next appointment even if it will be by video or phone. If you have any concerns or questions about this new policy, please do not hesitate to contact me.